Cauliflower and Chickpeas Salad
Cauliflower and Chickpeas Salad (3 servings)
• 1 large Cauliflower, divide into small florets
• 1 cup canned Chickpeas
• 1 bunch of Parsley
• 1 bunch of Coriander
• 1 bunch of green Onions
• Juice of 1 Lemon
• 1 tsp Turmeric
• 3 tbsp of Silan (Date syrup) or Maple syrup
• 1/4 cup Olive oil
• 1 Red Onion
• Salt & pepper
• Preheat oven to 400°
• Bring a pot of salted water to a boil (about 4 tsp of salt).
• Add the cauliflower into the boiling water. Cook for about 1-2 minutes and drain immediately.
• In a bowl add the Turmeric, Olive Oil, Silan, Salt (about 1 teaspoon) and Pepper, Mix well until combined.
• In a deep bowl add the Cauliflower and pour the mixture so that the cauliflower is well coated in the seasoning mixture.
• Place the Cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread it evenly. Bake for half an hour or until golden brown. Stir the cauliflower occasionally during baking
• Chop all the herbs: Parsley, Coriander and Green onion
• Slice the red onions into slices and caramelize with Olive Oil
• Mix all the salad ingredients: the Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Caramelized Onion, herbs and lemon Juice, taste and season if necessary
• Drizzle some Tahini over the top and serve.