Eggplant Roll-ups (3-4 servings)
● 300g thinly grated plant-based veggie meat
● 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
● 1 container of FreshMed Gourmet Moroccan Tomatoes
● 150g grated plant-based cheese
● 3 small eggplants cut into lengthwise slices (1/2 cm thick)
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
● 300 ml Passata
● 4 Tablespoons of Pine Nuts (2 Tablespoons for the mixture and 2 for decoration)
● 10 Basil leaves
● Brush the Eggplant slices with Olive Oil, sprinkle some salt and bake for 20 mins at 4008°F.
For the stuffing:
● Heat the oil in a frying pan and add in the grated plant-based veggie meat. Fry until golden brown.
● Add the Moroccan tomatoes and plant-based cheese to the veggie meat and mix in well. Cook for 2 minutes.
● Add half of the Pine nuts and Basil leafs and turn off the heat.
● In a bowl, mix the Passata with the garlic powder and transfer to a deep baking pan.
● Put 1 teaspoon of the mixture on the edge of each eggplant slice and roll
● Place the eggplant rolls in the sauce, drizzle a bit of Olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
● Garnish with the remaining Basil and Pine nuts