Garlic, Leek & Potato Soup
Garlic, Leek & Potato Soup (3 servings)
• 1 large Potato
• 2 large Leek
• 5 cloves of Garlic chopped
• 1.5 ltr Veg stock
• 1 tbsp dried Thyme leaves
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Chop the Leeks and Garlic into slices.
• Pour the Olive Oil into a saucepan
• Add chopped Leek and leave to sweat on medium heat.
• After 5 mins, add the dried Thyme and Garlic
• Season with Salt and Pepper to taste
• Cover with a lid, turn heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes
• Peel and cut the Potato into cubes then add to the pot along with the vegetable stock
• Simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes soften.
• Blend the soup finely or to your preferred consistency
• Top with croutons and a drizzle of Olive Oil.