Garlic, Basil & Almonds spread (4 servings)
• 5 slices of dry white bread (remove ends)
• 7 peeled garlic cloves
• 3/4 cup of Minced or sliced almonds
• cup olive oil
• Juice from 2 Lemons
• 6 Basil leaves
• 1 Tbsp. of fresh Thyme
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Soak the slices of bread in a bowl with water and squeeze well.
• In a food processor, grind the Garlic and almonds together until smooth. Add the bread, Basil and Thyme and process into a paste.
• While the food processor works, gradually add the olive oil and Lemon juice.
• Season with Salt and Pepper to taste and serve cold.
• You can adjust the level of thickness by adding water or Lemon juice for a more runny paste or olive oil to thicken the paste.
© Copyright 2020 FreshMed Gourmet™. All rights reserved