Cauliflower and Blue Nile Eggplant Phyllo Plaits (3 servings)
- 1 pack of Phyllo leaves (about 14 filo leaves)
- 1 container of FreshMed Gourmet Blue Nile Eggplant
- 2 cups of grated Cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of toasted Pine Nuts
- 3 tablespoons of oil + a quarter cup of Olive oil for brushing the Filo leaves
- Dice a large onion into small cubes
- Grate Cauliflower into small crumbs and set aside.
- In a wide pan over high heat, pour 3 tablespoons of Canola oil. When the oil is warm add the onion and fry until the onion turns golden, stir occasionally.
- When the onion turns golden, add the Cauliflower crumbs, cumin salt and pepper and cook for 6 minutes,
- Add the Blue Nile Eggplant stir and Cook for about 10 minutes, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Toast the Pine nuts in a dry pan for 2 minutes and add to the mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and start making the Phyllo plaits. To keep the plaits moist, place them between two towels and work with each leaf on a flat working surface.
For the Phyllo plaits:
- Brush the leaf with Olive oil than fold the leaf in accordion shape, fold into a plait,
- Place a spoon of the mixture in the center of the open end of the plait,
- Wrap the edges of the mixture with Phyllo and roll towards the narrow part,
- Place on parchment paper in a baking sheet and brush each fan with some olive oil.
- Put in the middle of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.