Vegan Crème Brûlée (4 servings)
• 80 g granulated sugar
• 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
• 25 g Corn starch
• 1 pinch salt
• Lemon juice, of 1/2 lemon
• 400 g almond milk
• 40 g Coconut oil
• Zest of 1/2 an Orange
• 40 g granulated sugar for caramelization
• 60 g toasted Almonds
• In a mixing bowl add the sugar, Vanilla extract, Corn starch, Salt, Lemon juice, Orange zest and Almond milk
• Stir well for 1-2 minutes until all combined.
• Transfer to a pot over high heat and stir until the mixture thickens and starts boiling.
• Turn off the heat and add the Coconut oil, Mix well until it melts.
• Divide the mixture among 4 ramekins and refrigerate for 3 hours.
• Sprinkle the remaining granulated sugar and burn it with a kitchen torch or alternatively, broil in the oven until the sugar melts and turns golden.
• Toast Almonds and sprinkle on top.
© Copyright 2020 FreshMed Gourmet™. All rights reserved