Miso and Mouloukhia Soup
Miso and Mouloukhia soup (3 servings)
• 50 g dry Mouloukhia leaves
• 150 ml water
• 3 tbsp white Miso paste
• 1 tsp cured coriander seeds
• 3 slices of ginger
• Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp Garlic powder
• Add the dry Mouloukhia leaves to a deep pot of water and bring to a boil
• Reduce the heat to medium-low.
• Add the Garlic powder, Coriander and Ginger, simmer for 5 mins
• Add the Miso paste and mix until all the Miso melts into the soup
• Add the Salt, Pepper and Lemon juice, continue to cook for another 10 mins
• Taste and adjust the seasoning
• Remove Ginger before blending in case you do not prefer a more subtle flavour.
• Blend the soup until smooth.
• Serve with warm bread.