North African Carrot Salad
North African Carrot Salad (5 servings)
• 6 medium Carrots peeled and sliced
• 3 tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 tbsp Vinegar
• Juice of 1 Lemon
• 1 tbsp Harissa paste (or any other red Pepper paste)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• A pinch of Black Pepper
• 1 tsp of Sweet Paprika
• 1/4 tsp Caraway
• 1/4 tsp Cumin
• 4 crushed Garlic Cloves
• A small bunch of chopped Cilantro
• Slice the Carrots and boil for 25-30 minutes until semi-soft.
• Drain and let them cool.
• Pour the oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
• Add Garlic and fry for a few seconds.
• Add Paprika, Cumin and Caraway and keep stirring for a minute to open their aromas.
• Pour the oil and seasoning mixture over the cooked carrots.
• Add the Harissa paste, Salt and Pepper, Lemon juice, Vinegar, chopped Cilantro and mix well.
• Refrigerate before serving.