Potato and Zucchini Latkes
Potato and Zucchini Latkes (3 big Latkes)
• 2 1/2 cups potato and Zucchini – grated and drained (3 Medium red Potatoes and 1/2 Zucchini)
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tbsp sliced green onion
• 3 tbsp chopped Dill
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tbsp Garlic powder
• 1 1/4 tsp salt
• 3 tbsp unsweetened Soy milk
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• Vegetable oil, for frying
• Grate the Zucchini and red Potatoes (with skin on) over a thick grater, place in a towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
• Combine the drained Potato, Zucchini, Flour, Green Onion, Dill, Soy milk, Cornstarch, nutritional yeast, Salt, baking powder, and Garlic powder. Mix well until the mixture is well combined, then divide into 3 balls.
• In a frying pan, preheat a generous amount of vegetable oil over medium heat.
• Form each ball into a pancake shape. Flatten it with a spatula to 1/4″ thick. Fry until golden brown, flip, and fry the other side. Drain excess oil on paper towel.
• Serve with FreshMed Gourmet’s Beets or Green Peas spreads.