Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (3 servings)
• 2 large bell peppers
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp Thyme
• 60 g Quinoa
• 1 Onion cubed
• 1 clove of Garlic minced
• 1 stalk of Celery
• 1 teaspoon of Sweet Papprika
• 1 tbsp of fresh Oregano
• 300 g of canned Tomatoes
• 50 g cherry Tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
• Preheat an oven for 400F, cut the Peppers in 2 lengthwise and remove the seeds.
• Add 2 tablespoons of Olive oil, Salt, Pepper, Thyme and smear them with your hands to cover the surface of the peppers.
• Place the peppers in a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes until semi-soft.
• Rinse and then Boil the quinoa until all the water evaporates and the Quinoa softens, then set aside.
• Pour the rest of the Olive oil into a pan and sauté the Onion and Garlic for 1-2 minutes until they golden.
• Cut the Celery stalk into cubes, add to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
• Add the Paprika, fresh oregano, can of chopped Tomatoes, Salt and Pepper.
• Mix until the juices of the Tomato are reduced and the vegetables are soft.
• Add the Quinoa, Cherry Tomatoes (cut in cubes) and mix.
• Turn off the heat and stuff the Bell Peppers with the mixture
• Garnish with Mint and Oregano just before serving.