Sinya - Cauliflower and Tahini Casserole
𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒚𝒂 – 𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 & 𝑻𝒂𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒆 (4 servings)
Caramelized cauliflower and sweet potato cubes under a blanket of baked tahini . A deliciously flavoured, succulent, soft textured dish that just melts in your mouth. The secret is to eat it warm and wipe the residue of the tahini with a warm and soft pita.
• 1/2 medium cauliflower (400 g), rinsed and cut into small florets
• 1/2 medium sweet potato (250 g), peeled and cut into small cubes
• 1/2 medium purple onion, cut into medium cubes
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 200 g of smoked tofu cut into small cubes
• A handful of Pine nuts for decoration
• 1/2 medium purple onion, cut into thin circles
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐄𝐠𝐠𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞:
• 1 container of FreshMed Gourmet Eggplant & Tahini Layers.
• 1/2 cup (260 g) Tahini
• 1/8 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
• 100 ml cold water
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees and line a roasting pan with a baking paper.
Place the Cauliflower, Tofu, Sweet Potato and Onion in a pan, drizzle olive oil and season with salt, pepper and sugar. Stir and roast, at the top part of the oven for 25 minutes. Make sure the sweet potato has softened.
Transfer the roasted veggies to a 20-25 cm diameter round pan.
Prepare the tahini & Eggplant mixture and roast: Pour the tahini into a medium bowl, add lemon juice and stir. Add cold water in moderation and salt and stir until a lightly paste is formed. Add Freshmed Gourmet Eggplant & Tahini into the mixture Stir and pour over the veggies mixture, place the onions and Pine nuts on top and roast in the center of the oven (400 degrees) for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.