Spinach Hummus ( serves 3)
• 1 Onion
• 4 cloves of Garlic
• 6 tbsp of Olive oil
• 2 tbsp of White Vinegar
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 300 g fresh Spinach
• Zest of 1 Lemon
• Juice from 2 Lemons
• 400 g boiled Chickpeas
• 4 tablespoons of Tahini
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
• 2 tablespoons of Balsamic reduction
• 1 tablespoon of roasted Pine nuts
• Soak Chickpeas overnight in cold water
• Drain Chickpeas and then add fresh water, bring to a boil
• Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the Chickpeas are soft and tender
• Place a frying pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
• Chop onions into small pieces, finely chop the Garlic, and add them to the pan. Add salt, pepper, and sauté until golden.
• Add the spinach to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
• Chop onions into small pieces, finely chop the Garlic and add them to the pan. Add salt, pepper, and sauté until golden. in, vinegar and balsamic reduction, process well for 3 minutes until the ingredients form a paste.