Stuffed Grape Leaves
Stuffed Grape Leaves (6 servings)
• 400 grams of canned grape leaves
• 1/3 cup olive oil
For the stuffing:
• 1 Onion chopped
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup of rice
• 2 cups of vegetable stock
• salt and pepper to taste
• 4 tbsp of small dark raisins
• Juice from one lemon
• 2 tbsp chopped parsley
• 2 Tbsp chopped mint
• 6 tbsp tablespoons chopped dill
• Place the grape leaves in a colander, rinse well under cold water, then transfer to a bowl and pour boiling water over them to dissolve the salt.
• Sauté chopped onions until they turn translucent.
• Add the rice, and stir for a minute. Add in the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
• Cook on low heat until all the water is absorbed into the rice. Set aside to cool.
• Add the raisins, parsley, mint, dill and lemon juice to the rice and mix. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
• Spread a grape leaf on a work surface external side facing down. Place about 1/2 tablespoon of the stuffing on the base of the leaf (as shown in video recipe), fold both sides over it, then roll upwards. Repeat this with as many more grape leave as desired.
• Place all the remaining leaves (damaged and torn leaves) in the bottom of a large and wide pot. Layer the stuffed grape leaves over them. Pour oil over the content of the pot. Add 1/2 cup water, place a plate on top of them bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cook for about 45 minutes
• Drizzle lemon juice over the leaves. Serve hot or cold With FreshMed Gourmet Tahini based Spreads.